Lauren D. Bercik, ESQ.
In 2004, Lauren D. Bercik earned her Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law and received an academic achievement award. In 2004, she was admitted to the New Jersey State Bar and United States District Court of New Jersey. Ms. Bercik was admitted to the New York State Bar in January 2018.
Ms. Bercik is an active member of the American Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, Monmouth County Bar Associations & current member of the Monmouth County Bar Probate Committee.
Ms. Bercik has been a civil litigator since 2004, devoting most of her practice to estate litigation including will contests, fraudulent wills, and gifts and estate administration disputes. She also handles guardianship applications and represents family members in contested guardianship cases.
Ms. Bercik often serves as estate administrator in routine and contested estates. Additionally, she offers estate planning, assistance with probate and estate administration services.
Ms. Bercik also has many years of experience with personal injury, landlord/tenant matters, breach of contract, business collections, logistics and transportation law.
She graduated cum laude in 1989 from Kean University with a Bachelors in Science in Nursing. She has received numerous scholarships and award recognition throughout her academic career. Prior to the practice of law Ms. Bercik was a registered nurse, certified in nephrology nursing. She has worked as a clinician in area hospitals and with private medical providers. Ms. Bercik was also a regional clinical educator for a prominent medical device manufacturer and a sales manager for a medical software vendor.
- Estate & Trust disputes, contesting fraudulent estate planning documents including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney.
- Contesting or defending lack of capacity, undue influence, and duress claims.
- Representing beneficiaries, executors, administrators and trustee in contested probate and breach of fiduciary duty matters.
- Life insurance beneficiary disputes including last minute changes of beneficiaries and failure of a deceased divorced parent to maintain life insurance.
- Routine and disputed adult guardianship including cases of financial exploitation, wrongful interstate removal of a mentally incapacitated adult.
- Family disputes regarding burials and disinterment or disentombment.
1161 Broad Street (Rt. 35 North)
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
This website is for general information purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice. Connection to this website, and communication to this law firm via email or other electronic transmission do not constitute an attorney-client relationship with Lauren Bercik Law unless a separate written agreement is signed by you and Lauren Bercik Law as to the nature of any relationship and the amount to be charged for the intended legal services.